Friday, November 25, 2011

Rustico Everyday Leather Pocket Journal

The Rustico Everyday Leather Pocket Journal is perfect for carrying in your backpack or messenger bag.  At 3.5" by 5.0", its size makes it the right choice for taking just about anywhere. 

The journals are handcrafted by the Rustico Leather Company and sold online through the Jenni Bick Bookbinding Company .
They come in two sizes, 3.5" x 3.5" and 3.5" x 5.0".  Made from top grain leather, the journals come in Bomber Jacket, Buckskin and Saddle color leather. The journals have 100 leaf pages of acid-free unlined paper.  It has a leather strap that wraps around the journal twice and then its end tucks under to secure the leather cover closed. 





I like the distressed brown leather cover called the "Bomber Jacket."  I actually have a Bomber Jacket that matches this journal to a "T".  However, my Bomber Jacket is constructed from a better quality leather.  And it does not mark up as easily as the journal does.  That said, I believe that over time,

the marks will add character to the journal's look.  The leather strip in the middle, is comparable to a belt around the journal body. 






When writing on the journal's paper, I used my Lamy Nexx M Fountain Pen, and the ink didnot bleed thru at all.  If you like rugged rustic leather bound journals, the Rustico Everyday Leather Pocket Journal presents a convincing case.
I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Is this journal refillable? I see them all the time at B&N but they are in the plastic security bags

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it were, but Pelle makes one that is, it cost about $10.00 more.

    ReplyDelete