Friday, April 6, 2012

Terzetti Peek-A-Bo Expanding Ballpoint Pen Black

I found this pen on eBay. The seller had purchased this line from China and it came without a branded name.  The seller then decided to give the pen line the name (his name no doubt) Terzetti.  (Catchy!)  When I saw it listed on Ebay, I really liked the design style.  It has a knurled chrome twist top, The pen has a degree of heft appeal which I also like.  The barrel is brass constructed, with a matte black paint job.  The tip crest and pocket clip are chrome metal.

The Peek - A - Bo name is obviously derived from how the pen tip is engaged.  When the knurled cap is twisted, the crest tip moves down from within the barrel into a locked position pen cartridge exposed.  Nice touch.

The cartridge is a non-descript Parker - style medium ballpoint.  Writing with this pen was basically uneventful.  I was neither wowed nor underwhelmed.  It was a forgettable experience, not matching the somewhat exciting pen design at all.  I immediately thought about finding a matching cartridge with which to swap out.  And so I did.

 I exchanged the original cartridge with a perfect matching Schmidt P900 m which has transformed this pen into a potential go - to writing implement.

The Schmidt cartridge is a smooth, consistent inking refill.  It gives Terzetti a whole other appeal.  This pen now has become a go - to writing instrument that is very comfortable and pleasing to use.

As such, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. The Terzetti steel braid ballpoint seems to be a knock off the Mazzuoli 3 6 5 Officina pen. In fact the whole thing sounds phony with all the Italian sounding names when they are cheap Chinese pens. Also you cannot find any Info on the Terzetti pens as far as I can see.

    ReplyDelete